Help is just around the corner, if the bills are stacking higher by the day or you're starting to wonder how you'll pay for your kids' college tuition — or even their textbooks. Military OneSource offers free financial counseling, available in person, by phone or by video chat. Financial counselors provide service members and their families with information on issues such as budgeting, money management and debt.
How Military OneSource financial counselors can help
Managing money is not everyone's strong suit. Financial counseling gives you an opportunity to talk to a trained professional about your questions and receive referrals to services and programs that meet your specific needs. All active-duty service members, National Guard, reserve members and their families and survivors are eligible to receive this free service. Some specifics:
- Accredited financial counselors are available for in-person, phone and video financial counseling.
- The financial counselors can teach you how to talk to creditors to negotiate late fees and payment plans, and point you in the right direction if you're behind on your mortgage or facing foreclosure.
- Tuition costs are only rising, but the financial counselors can help you sort through the various college savings programs out there and help you weigh the pros and cons of each.
- Similarly, the counselors will go over various savings, retirement and investment plans with you and talk about their pluses and minuses.
- The Military OneSource financial counselors will not push any products or plans on you, nor will they recommend one plan over another. Instead, the counselors help you weigh all the options available, letting you choose the best fit for you.
How to connect
Free financial counseling is great, but what's even better is you can use the service as often as you want as long as you're eligible. The number of sessions is unlimited. Your financial needs will change over the years, whether it's saving for a down payment on your first home or making sure your retirement savings are invested safely. Here's how to take advantage:
- Set up a time to meet with a free financial counselor by calling Military OneSource at 800-342-9647.
- Receive financial counseling assistance by phone or video chat if an in-person meeting isn't in your comfort zone.
- Get financial counseling by phone or video chat even if you are stationed overseas.
Get started on the road to financial health today by tapping into this free, personalized service. You don't need to tackle issues like mounting debt or how to save for college alone. Military OneSource has your back.