Morale, Welfare and Recreation. Three words, but what do they mean for you? A lot! Do you like to play sports? Do you like to try new things? Do you like to play music or go see plays? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then your MWR/Services Program has something for you. Your installation is set up to offer all sorts of activities when it comes to recreation through the MWR/Services Program.
Each installation may offer some of its own specific activities, but generally, all installations provide the following types of activities and services through the MWR/Services Program:
- Fitness and sports (including year-round team sports and opportunities for individual activities such as golf)
- Libraries (books and resources also available online)
- Recreation programs (including discount movie tickets, outdoor equipment rental and group activities such as horseback riding and bicycling)
- Individual skill programs (including arts and crafts and performing arts like plays and talent shows)
- Leisure travel (including discount tickets to local tours and attractions, concerts and museums)
- High-adventure programs (including rock climbing, hang gliding and kayaking)
It's a perfect time to try out as many activities as you can. When you get to high school, you'll already know what activities interest you, so you can try out for sports teams or get involved in the school theater program!
For more information and resources to help military youth and teens navigate everything from the unique challenges of a mobile military life to managing their social lives, saving money and going green, visit Military Youth on the Move!