Your youth center is a great place to relax, have some fun, do some homework, and meet new people. Even if you haven't spent a lot of time at the youth center where you live now, give your new installation's center a try. It may offer things your old center didn't, or it may have a totally different feel to it. It can't hurt to just see what's going on there!
- Computer labs. Chat with your old friends online, or do some homework.
- Special field trips. Head out to the movies, or go on a bowling trip.
- Gymnasiums. Play some basketball or another gym sport with other kids.
- Music rooms. Dance with your friends, or record some music.
- Game rooms. Try out foosball, or play a board game.
- Snack bar. Get a healthy snack or a cool drink, and hang out with some friends.
For more information and resources to help military youth and teens navigate everything from the unique challenges of a mobile military lifestyle to managing their social lives, saving money, and going green, visit Military Youth on the Move!