Imagine saving time and money while attending college. Converting your military experience into civilian college credit does just that. The Joint Services Transcript provides documented evidence to colleges and universities of professional military education, training and occupation experiences achieved by service members and veterans. The Joint Services Transcript translates military experience into civilian language and:
- Gives potential employers a chance to see the real-world value of your experience
- Allows academic counselors a better understanding of a military member's skills
- Saves time and money by awarding academic credits for military experience
The Joint Services Transcript is a collaborative transcript program that replaces previous transcript programs. The Joint Services Transcript describes your military schooling and work history in civilian terms. This document is a standard form, and makes it easier for colleges to read and recommend credits.
Eligibility and access
Military members in the Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Coast Guard who are active duty, reserve duty or veterans are eligible for the Joint Service Transcript. Follow these steps to obtain and access your Joint Service Transcript.
- Register for an account.
- Click on the "Transcripts" link and view, print or save your unofficial transcripts.
- You can also click on "Official Transcript Request" and complete the form to have your official transcripts sent to your desired institution at no cost.
Air Force members should contact the Community College of the Air Force for transcripts. You can order an official transcript through the Air University or the CCAF Online Transcript System.