After working, caring for the kids, cleaning the house, running carpool and making dinner, raise your hand if you want to spend your few precious moments of down time searching for the latest resources, information and advice on parenting issues...didn't think so. Keep those precious moments for yourself, and let the Family Readiness System do some work for you. Your Family Readiness System, through the Military OneSource website, has some of the best parenting resources out there.
Safe and Sound - New baby? Child with special needs? Bored teenager? There are resources for these situations and many others. Check out the top resources for busy parents on the Military OneSource website:
- Military OneSource Parenting page — In addition to the article you're already reading, the Parenting page has even more helpful content worth exploring. You can find great information on adoption, parenting skills and child development stages, as well tips for dealing with grief and loss, divorce, bullies, routines and discipline.
- New Parent Support Program — We all say we're going to read the big parenting books and learn everything we possibly can, but who has time for that with a new baby? New and expecting parents can build a network of support with the New Parent Support Program instead. Manage those first few years with access to trained staff who can answer parenting questions, provide home visits or even set you up with supervised playgroups and parenting classes.
- Exceptional Family Member Program — Don't go it alone. If you have a child with special needs, check out the Exceptional Family Member Program page on Military OneSource. Read a collection of articles with specific assistance and resources for military family members with special needs.
- Military Child Care programs — Child care that's high quality and affordable? Yes, please. This article explains how to locate quality, affordable child care in your community, both on and off the installation.
- Safe sleep environments for your infant — The one thing all parents want more of, sleep — find sleep again by learning how to set a bedtime routine and how to make your infant's sleeping environment safe.
- Department of Defense child and youth programs — Finding that perfect activity or program for your children can make any parent's hair turn gray. Explore a wide range of Department of Defense child and youth programs, which can help your child make friends, stay active and develop new skills.
- Military Youth on the Move — Most kids don't jump for joy at the thought of another move, so let Military Youth on the Move help your kids, tweens and teens through the difficult process. Here, you and your child can access tips and tricks for making your move a bit easier. Learn how to make new friends, get involved in a new school and handle the adjustment to life in a new place.
- Morale, Welfare and Recreation — Need some fresh and fun ideas for family activities or your next family trip? Connect with your local military community through your Morale, Welfare and Recreation Program. From fitness and sports to tickets and travel, MWR has something for everyone. Visit MilitaryINSTALLATIONS to locate your local MWR and get active and have fun with your family.
Let's be honest. Parenting isn't easy, and every family needs a network of support. Let Military OneSource help.