How Do I Report a Crime on the Installation?

MP standing next to police car.

Victims of a crime on an installation or an off-installation crime that involved military personnel can report the crime to the nearest military police agency. Don’t take matters into your own hands if a dangerous situations exists. Contact the military police for help. Military police agencies are open 24/7 — you can call to report a crime or walk in to file a report.

Military law enforcement agencies

Each service branch has its own military police force except for the Coast Guard, which is itself a law enforcement agency within the Department of Homeland Security. Here are the military police agencies for each service branch:

Read More »


Find programs and services at your local installation.

View a directory of installations

Service members, family members, surviving family members, service providers and leaders rely on Military OneSource for policy, procedures, timely articles, cutting-edge social media tools and support. All in one place, empowering our military community.