When a person is experiencing emotional distress, help can’t wait. That person often needs immediate reassurance and support, without having to figure out where to go for help or wait for a counseling appointment. If you are in crisis, or you know someone who is, there are immediate resources available to support you and your loved ones.
Military Crisis Line
Through the Military Crisis Line, a person in need can talk or chat confidentially with a trained counselor in as quickly and easily as a single phone call or click of a mouse. The Military Crisis Line:
- Is available 24/7 and free for active-duty, Guard and reserve members, their families and friends
- Can be reached in the United States at 800-273-8255, then press 1
- Can be reached in Europe at 00800-1273-8255 or DSN 118 (The toll-free service in Europe may not be available through all carriers or in all countries.)
- Can be reached in Korea at 0808 555 118 or DSN 118
- Can be reached in Afghanistan at 00 1 800 273 8255 or DSN 111
- Offers confidential online chat at the Military Crisis Line website or by texting to 838255
Operation Enduring Freedom Crisis Hotline
A confidential, peer-supported, crisis hotline is available in Afghanistan for service members struggling with stress from battlefield experiences, relationship issues or other personal issues. You can reach the hotline by:
- Cell phone: Dial 070-113-2000, wait for the tone, then 111
- DSN/NVOIP: Dial 111 or 318-421-8218
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Logging onto Facebook and visiting "OEF Crisis Hotline"