Recovering From Dependence on Drugs or Alcohol

A service member pouring beer out of a bottle.

If you have a problem with drugs or alcohol, change is possible. It typically takes treatment, support from others, commitment and hard work. But you can get your life back.

If you're a service member, you'll find treatment and support through your service branch's substance abuse program. Treatment for military family members struggling with addiction is covered under TRICARE. Eligible veterans can find substance abuse programs through the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Read More »


Find programs and services at your local installation.

View a directory of installations

Service members, family members, surviving family members, service providers and leaders rely on Military OneSource for policy, procedures, timely articles, cutting-edge social media tools and support. All in one place, empowering our military community.