So, you're about to receive a permanent change of station order or you've just transferred and are thinking about your housing options. When considering where to live there are a number of things to think about: the cost of housing, locations of schools, access to leisure activities or accommodations for family pets are just the tip of the iceberg.
What you've heard is true: Housing options for military personnel and military families have changed over the years. Here are five different housing options that will help you make the right choice:
- Privatized military installation housing
- Government-owned military installation housing
- Single or unaccompanied military installation housing
- Rent a home off the installation
- Buy a home off the installation
Check with your installation's housing office for help with temporary housing and to apply for housing allowances. Visit MilitaryINSTALLATIONS to find your new installation's housing office.
Read More »