Anyone who's eligible to use the Military OneSource program can take advantage of Military OneSource language interpretation services. This ensures that language will not be barrier to anyone using our other services.
Language interpretation services are available to our counselors 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Have more questions? Check out the answers to our most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions about Military OneSource's language interpretation services
- What is the language interpretation service? Military OneSource provides simultaneous language interpretation services. This service, which is provided by phone, ensures that language will not be a barrier to family members seeking and receiving our services.
- Which languages are included? As of now, you can receive language interpretation services by phone in more than 150 languages.When are language interpretation services available? Our counselors have access to language interpretation services 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Who is eligible? Anyone who's eligible to use Military OneSource resources can use the services. This includes active duty service members in the Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Air Force; National Guard and reserve members, regardless of activation status; separating service members for up to six months after their separation from military services; and the immediate family members and survivors of all of the above.
- Are there any restrictions involved? Yes, interpretation services can't be used for reasons outside the context of a Military OneSource case.
- Can it be used for medical-based issues? No, interpretation services can't be used to discuss or deliver information related to medical issues.
- Are there any resources for translating documents that don't qualify for this service? Check with a consultant to find alternate document translation resources that meet your needs.
No matter where you are in the world or what language you speak, Military OneSource resources are here for you. Call a Military OneSource consultant at 800-342-9647 to get started.